Sunday, August 23, 2009

Can I file a Lawsuit?

I recently had spyware placed on my computer by a driveby hijacking. It caused pop-up ads to appear claiming my computer was infected and to click the link for a free scan. It turns out it was placed there by the company that wrote the spyware removal tool. The ploy is to infect the computer with their spyware to try to get you to buy their removal tool specifically. Isn't this extortion? Is this like mob protection money? This bug was extremely hard to remove as none of the popular spyware removal tools worked. I eventually found one that did. What would I have to prove and what would my success probabilty be?



Can I file a Lawsuit?spyware remover



it happened to me too but i will not say the name of the company , i heard they will sue and i don't have the money that they have so i just chalked it up to experience, education costs us all it's just how much you pay that matters ,it took a long time for me to fix the problems and the company told me all kinds of bull and none of it helped, but I've got them off my computer now and i will not pay for anything like that without talking to the company that sold me this computer , good luck if you sue them



Can I file a Lawsuit?virus removal



Same here. That pop-up said my computer was hijacked. I did a trace through www.robtex.com to see who owned the crap. Yes, same company that offered to sell me the "removal" tool. If that's not racketeering, then the FBI owes an apology to Al Capone. Report It


I'd sue, but it you'd have a 50/50 chance of winning. First, you gotta know who put it on your computer.
If you have definitive proof that the company produced the spyware, then it seems to me that you have a case against them. Of course, they may have more cash than you do to fight court cases, and if you lose, you may have to pay their legal fees. However, if you're willing to accept that as a possible consequence, by all means, stand up and fight the bastards. Even better would be to find out if anyone else was affected by this, then organize with others and file a class-action lawsuit against the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment