Friday, August 21, 2009

Why does my Internet Explorer uses more than 500mb of RAM?

When I open Internet Explorer, It automatically hogs more than 500Mb of RAM and more than 700MB of page file (virtual memory). Does your IE use this much resources? Is it normal? Can you explain why my IE use so much RAM? It happens just today. Typically my IE use less than 100mb of RAM. Restart my computer and open IE but still uses more than 500mb. I tried to scan the whole system for viruses and spyware using McAfee and Ad-aware but it's free of viruses. Here's a screen shot of it: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=...



Why does my Internet Explorer uses more than 500mb of RAM?norton internet security 2008



Try System Restore. I guarantee you it will work! Restore your system on the day your IE is working fine. IE will suck memory if you don't close it for 4 hours. Just restart IE frequently to reduce memory usage. It is very rare for IE to use more than 500mb memory.



Why does my Internet Explorer uses more than 500mb of RAM?spyware removal



Yours is very unusual scan your system or reinstall IE get the latest IE7. Here is a shot of mine http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa142...
It's possible. Click on Tools/Internet Options/Temp internet files and History. Check your settings.It might have gotten boosted accidentally. I keep mine set at 125k.
Maybe you're running tool bars or something.....Try redownloading Internet Explorer again.
That is very unusual. I own a computer store in Scottsburg, IN. Lots of our refurbished computers that we are preparing today only have 256 mb Ram and they run Internet Explorer 7 with ease. I reccomend that you reformat your Hard disk and reinstall Windows.
what you are looking at is not dealing with your Computer RAM memory. it has some stored memory saved somewhere in your computer. try deleting some of your temporary internet files and stuff. plus it sounds like you are doing alot of surfing the internet. that's probably why it is so high.
My internet explorer is version 7.0 %26 I have mc afee site advisor %26 yahoo toolbar running %26 its only taking 80 MB with this page loaded. So you either have a spyware issue or too many add ons running. You didnt say what other software you have installed. try going to tools, internet options, and advanced %26 theres a "restore IE setting to original tab." This is only if you're using version 7 though.

No comments:

Post a Comment