Sunday, August 23, 2009

Speed My computer Up, Please!?

Hello,



My computer runs fast when I am doing light work (Word, Internet, etc) But when it comes time to work with downloading a 5 min long movie from my DV camcorder and editing it on my computer it slows down to snails pace. Sometimes I have to turn it off because it freezes on me.



I got 640 mb of Memory with 353.36 of virtual memory free. I have a 2.39 GHz cpu and 7gb on my hard drive free out of 20 gb. I know I got no malware/spyware, already scanned and removed the few I had. I was thinking of clocking up my cpu, but I don't know how or if it will help.



Thanks in advance.



with space on the hard drive, i will be getting an external usb hard drive.



Speed My computer Up, Please!?downloads



Increase your memory.



1 gig minimum two gig great.



Speed My computer Up, Please!?house call



We'll there are a couple of things you should do. Upgrade your memory to at least 1 gig and run disk defragmentor regulary and disk scan.
Ok here is your anwer. NO. 1 get a new hard drive. 7 gb is way to small to store games or any movies. if you want to get into gameing the thing that you need to get is a nvidia chip this will make you run better oics video and games as well . you have a powerful pc. but you need a thing called a graphics card
video editing takes a lot of processing power just like video encodeing so when you do that your computer will slow down i dont care how much ram you got and how big harddrive is. Unfortuately this is the bad part of encoding. you may try finding a well free program to do this with due to the fact they usually use less resources so they may increase the speed it takes a little

No comments:

Post a Comment