Friday, August 21, 2009

Internet Explorer - Home Page opens slowly?

Once I click on it it the window will open immediatly but recently it has been taking 17 seconds to load the home page (yahoo) I dont want a mask like firefox I want to fix whats wrong. I have defragged, cleaned cookies, disk cleaner, search for spyware and viruses my my program on trend micros free on online. I have done this all in safe mode and continually do so. What is wrong?



Internet Explorer - Home Page opens slowly?symatec



You're most likely running IE 7... so...



Turn the phishing filter off, that will increase load times.



Tools %26gt; Internet Options %26gt; Advanced and near the bottom of the list... either turn off automatic phishing filter (little bit faster) or completely disable it (a bit more faster).



If that doesn't work, then you can uninstall IE7 from Add/Remove programs (listed as Windows Internet Explorer 7) and it will bring you back to version 6.



Ultimate fix (even though you don't want to hear it) is to switch to firefox or netscape. Much better, faster and seriously more secure then IE.



Internet Explorer - Home Page opens slowly?vista



I'd just say it's Yahoo taking a little bit to load up if it has a ad or something loading up. It would be best to get out of safe mode and try it in regular mode and see if it takes that long to load or if it is faster. Give it a try and see what happens.
i would agree with josh......its either yahoo running slow, or your internet service provider running slow....happens to me sometimes......its normal...inconvenient...but normal

No comments:

Post a Comment